MME42 communication module LAN / Ethernet (TCP/IP)
Product description (expand/collapse)
The MME42 is a device that enables communication between a PC (with the AFS42 program installed and connected to the LAN network) and the AFS42 control panel. Thus, it enables configuring the control panel, reading events and printing reports from the computer program.
The MME42 module can also be used for connections via the Internet. This allows for remote diagnostics and configuration of the system.
Principle of operation (expand/collapse)
The MME42 device is equipped with a microprocessor electronic system. It has a built-in RS485 converter. The device has three connectors: RJ12/MC4 (RS485) for connecting the AFS42 control panel and RJ45 for connecting the local computer network – LAN (cables are not included in the MME42 module).
Three connections are led directly from the housing:
- RJ45 – for connecting the module to the LAN network,
- RJ12 and MC4 (separable screw socket) – for connecting the module to the AFS42 control panel – power supply and RS485 communication line (wires: A and B)
The MME42 network module works fully automatically and does not require ongoing maintenance apart from installation. From the side of the AFS42 control panel (RS485 – RJ12/MC4 connector), apart from communication signals A and B, a 12V power supply is connected. The operation of MME42 comes down to the conversion of data sent from the AFS42 program (on a PC computer via LAN network) into the form of data in the form of RS485 interface signals of the AFS42 control panel and conversion in the opposite direction, i.e. conversion of RS485 interface signals into data in the Ethernet protocol.
Description of signaling controls:
1. red indicator – blinking when the module receives correct frames from the control panel (it does not mean that the module is authorized to communicate with the AFS42)
2. yellow light – blinking during normal operation of the device; indicates proper power supply and operation of the processor in the MME module
3. green indicator of data transmission from the LAN (TCP/IP) – blinks during data transmission, lights up when the Ethernet connection is established correctly.
The AFS42 control panel provides galvanic isolation of the RS485 connector, thanks to which the MCU42 (USB) module is separated.
Before connecting to the control panel, you must allow the work with MME42 in the control panel settings by going from the main menu to the SETTINGS\MMX POSSIBLE menu and selecting the setting IN SYSTEM to the value YES for one of the MMX modules given.
Apart from configuring the control panel, the MME42 module also enables downloading (and printing) of events and remote operation with the control panel (sending the LCD screen and buttons) from the computer level.
Technical data (expand/collapse)
|24V DC (with AFS42)
|0°C to +40°C
|to 80% at 40°C
|134 x 77 x 31 mm
|Weight with wires
|110g ± 5g